If you have already started earning money from YouTube, it is probably safe to assume that you might want to learn how to change YouTube channel names too. But before you get your hopes up, hear me out first. Learning how to change the channel name of your YouTube videos involves a couple of steps. So, in this article, I will tell you all the working ways to change the Youtube Channel name.
How to Change Youtube Channel name
- First, you have to locate all the channels that are associated with your YouTube account. For instance, if you are an authenticated user, you will see the channel names on the top right corner of your screen.
- You can then click on these names and search for the name you would like to have. For instance, if you are an authentication user, you can enter” Authentication Required” in the text box and then choose “Change.”
- You can also try a different name by selecting “Choose New Channel.” The name you provide will be used to create the link that you will use to connect your YouTube account to.
- You will notice that the channel name you had chosen will now be the link for your new name on the site.
- After you change your YouTube channel name, you should wait for the process to be completed. It normally takes about 5 minutes for the name to appear on your channel. Once it does, you can then make any changes to your video as you wish.
Changing your YouTube channel name is easy to do. It just requires a little patience and some trial and error. Do not stress yourself out and give yourself enough time to learn how to change YouTube channel names. In fact, changing your channel name should take you no more than five minutes. However, this may vary depending on how long it takes for the name to load on your computer’s browser.
While waiting for your name to load, you might also want to check out the other options you have for your profile. There are certain things you can change as well. For example, you can change the name of your video descriptions. Changing these descriptions will require that you have the appropriate HTML skills. If you are unsure how to change the name of your video description, then it would probably be best if you would not attempt to change them yourself.
If you would like to learn how to change the name of your YouTube channel, you should not feel that you are at a loss. There are plenty of tutorials available on the internet that will help you with this task. Also, you may wish to contact someone at YouTube in regards to the specifics. They may be able to help you out with this process. Keep in mind that changing your name is not the only thing you can do when you are creating a new channel.
How to Change YouTube Channel name on Desktop device
You can change the name of your YouTube channel using Desktop devices too. You just need to change it in the Google account also. Follow these steps to change the YouTube Channel name:
- Sign in to the YouTube studio account by navigating to the web browser.
- Select the “Customization” from the panel given on the left-hand side.
- Then select the “Basic Info” given in the top menu.
- Tap on the “Edit” button and write the new name of your YouTube channel.
- Then click on the “Publish” button.
Change the YouTube Channel name using Android App
You can change the YouTube channel name from an android app by following just a few steps.
- Open the YouTube App on your android device.
- Tap on the “Profile”.
- Select the “Your Channel” option from the left panel.
- Click on the “Edit Channel” button.
- Enter the new name of your YouTube channel.
- Press “OK”.
I hope this article has helped you to know how to change the YouTube channel name in easy steps. However, you shouldn’t change your YouTube name frequently because your subscribers may get confused if you properly don’t announce them through your channel and share the reason why you changed.